Saturday 9 February 2013

Fit Me : Foundation Review

Whilst trying to maintain control of my stomach after being surprised with the viewing of a certain viral video that has scarred me forever and beyond, I thought what better way to distract my mind from the horrific imagery which will no doubtingly haunt my dreams tonight, with a foundation review (yey). 

I've always had tons of trouble when in search of a good foundation on the high street. None would match my skin tone, they were either too light or too dark never in between, which was incredibly annoying. With this past experience I got slightly scared of foundation shopping as I'd spend quite a lot of money on some, thinking they'd match my skin tone as it looked alright in the store but being horrified by how not alright it really was, also, some high street stores don't let you refund foundations, which is a bummer! So I just stuck to those cheap starter ones, 'Collection 2000 and Miss Sporty foundations' that came in those little tubes and instead of  a variation of different shades only 'light' 'medium' and 'dark' were available (which didn't bother me as 'medium' matched my skin tone) But as they were cheap, they didn't last very long, however I would recommend them to anyone wanting to try foundations for the first time and don't want to spend a lot of money.

 Up until recently I started to get more and more into makeup and I thought it was time I face my fear and go foundation shopping and buy a decent foundation that would last long on the skin and after seeing the (incredibly annoying) advert for the Fit Me range, pretty much everywhere I go, I thought I'd go and test it out. Off I hopped to my nearest Boots and conveniently they had a 3 for 2 offer on the range which was perfect as I got the complete set for about £13 (Horrah) and not to mention, the shade is perfect on my skin, double horrah!


The Fit Me range come in various colours and has foundations available for both undertones 'pinkish undertones and yellow undertones', which is brilliant as I am part of the yellow tones family and it seems there's a gap on yellow undertone foundations as I was never able to find a perfect match of foundation before, they were always pinky. The Maybelline people made our lives easier as well because when you found your shade of foundations, they'll give you the colour of the powder and concealer that will go with it as well, which is great. You don't have to wonder by the Maybelline section at Boots for a while just testing the seeing what concealer and powder is for you too. Well maybe you still should ...

I've been wearing the foundation for a couple of months now and I would definitely recommend it. 
It blends really well into the skin and is very long lasting. It has a very good coverage and if you're ones who enjoy the 'dewy' glow you would love this product. 
The foundation doesn't feel heavy, it's very light. It doesn't feel like you're wearing anything which is always a gooden, let the skin breathe!
The powder is lovely as well. I was a little bit sceptical at first though as it appeared extremely light, but don't worry, it comes out dark and really sets the foundation well and it doesn't lose the whole dewy-ness, instead it compliments the foundation and gives off a natural healthy looking shine. The powder isn't cakey either, the end results is a very natural finish. Double Aya points Maybelline.
And lastly, the concealer. The concealer is rather good. It hides my dark circles nicely and gives out a youthful finish. However, I don't think it's the best of concealers, I'm still sticking to my beloved Collection 2000 concealer 
Overall, I really liked this range and I sure will be sticking to this foundation for a while until I'm ready to embark on a new foundation adventure and go more high end. 

2 comments: